RE: MG trip to England

To: "'Philip Raby'" <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com>
Subject: RE: MG trip to England
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 18:45:40 -0600
I thought about "hiring" (renting, in American, BTW, nudge,wink) an MGF, =
even for a couple of hours. then I remembered ya'll drive on the other =
side of the road and I'd hafta shift LEFT HANDED!!!! Hell, are the =
pedals in the same #!!&%**#!* place??? (gas on the right and clutch on =
the left?) 8-)
Don't know how much that might take away from the driving experience, =
concentrating on all that....not sure you folks would like a damn =
American (I refuse to use the term "Yank", cuz I'm not one) skittering =
through the suburbs of London, "all bloody confused and whatnot"...
Are there any good breweries or pubs in Gaydon? That way, maybe I can =
get my boss, the Colonel, to go with....he's a homebrew beer =
fanatic...hmmm...? Not sure about how much of an autophile he is...being =
that I'm new to the unit.
<sigh>...probably only time for the car dealerships...hehe, wonder how =
much havoc I can wreak on those poor, unsuspecting salespersons?
Maybe I can accost some poor Londoner owner of an MGF, or other =
sprightly LBC, for a spin (in a friendly, albeit typically arrogant =
American manner. hehe).
Thanks for the Info!
Dan