Re: Transmission Leak

To: "DANIEL RAY" <danray@bluegrass.net>, "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Transmission Leak
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 23:01:42 -0500
Dan, that is a drain hole to allow any oil that leaks out of the tranny
input shaft seal to drain out instead of contaminating your clutch.  The
cotter pin keeps the hole from clogging up with debris.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ8L/20111 "HEALEYUM"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain