Re: Petrol (or should that be gas?)

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Petrol (or should that be gas?)
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 08:49:37 +1100
At 03:13 pm 16/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Phil Raby wrote:
>>
>> Leaded petrol (Gasoline to Yanks) ­ which some older MGs require - is
>> being phased out in the UK in 2000. This will have a serious
>> effect on classic car owners.
>
>  ...or so the hype machine would have you beleive.
>
>> I know that the USA did this some years ago, how are people managing?
>
>  Most people my age have NEVER filled up with leaded gas, and never
>noticed. It's been decades.
>
>  It's all a big to do about nothing.
>
>--
>Trevor Boicey
>Ottawa, Canada
>tboicey@brit.ca
>http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

Not here it isn't as our standard unleaded fuel is only 92 octane and all
our MGs need 96 octane (the current leaded fuel) as they all have a 9:1 or
higher compression ratio engines.  So we have two problems, head damage and
inadequate octane ratings.

regards,

Graham
97 MGF (which needs to use expensive premium unleaded fuel)
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
Phone/Fax: +61 2 62889055