Re: the Way Off Topic Threads

To: FunE4MG@aol.com
Subject: Re: the Way Off Topic Threads
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 17:37:00 -0500
Hi Tom:

I'm guilty on two counts.  Today I posted a perpetuation to the digression
and I haven't yet responded to your game idea.

1.  Blindfolded gymkhana - driver is bagged.  Passenger directs through
cones with a reverse section included.

2.  Why won't it start?  A simple disabling of an MG by some fairly
simple-to- discover method.  Teams of two.  Time limit.

3. Basketball shoot.  Car drives along line, series of wastepaper baskets
set up at a distance.  Driver and/or passenger have a number of basketballs
which must be shot into baskets.  Driver may not stop.  Event is timed.

4. Slow race.  Last one across the line wins.  No one may stop.  Make the
course short.

5.  Stop on the line - front and back.  Driver must stop on a line going
forward and backwards.  He may not lean out of the car.

6.  Car Olympics - Discus (hubcap) toss, Toss the caber (driveshaft),
Shotput (alternator), Javelin (antenna), Obstacle course - run a course
stepping in tires. (Make sure you get a waiver),

7.  MG Seesaw - 1 log two sturdy planks or a very strong ramp.  Drive up
and balance.

8. Top up and down.  Time event.  Judges for each car.  Organize by car type.

9. Change a tire race.  Must start and finish with everthing in trunk.

10.  Variation on the above.  Rotate tires.  Wire wheels in separate class
for both.

I can dream up more if you wish.  I hope these will help.

John McEwen