Re: Easy Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Easy Questions
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 19:03:36 -0800

Mike Lishego wrote:
>slow...Anyway, a wise man once recommended use of a scotch-brite green
>pad to clean your electrical connections.  It seems that this method
>is better than sandpaper, since the green pad does not remove metal
>from the connector, like sandpaper does.

Also, check the grounding points for various items (including
the engine ground strap!).  Where lamps bolt on or where ground
wires are bolted to the body, clean the area  to expose some
metal, then be sure to protect the area with vaseline or
your snake oil of choice.  We had a Midget once that practically
nothing worked on.  Cleaning the fuse block (took it off the car, got
rid of any corrosion, and solder/repaired as necessary) and cleaning
some places for the rear lamps to ground correctly got everything
working!

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/