Re: Easy Questions

To: Gary Davis <GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov>
Subject: Re: Easy Questions
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 11:43:29 -0800
Gary Davis wrote:

> I just bought my first MGB GT, and I'm a real neophyte.  I read about two
> ideas in the recent past that I wish to pursue.  The first was cleaning the
> fuse box for better connections and electricals operation.  Could you
> please repeat that recommendation with details?

        Congrats on the GT!  I'm sure she's a beauty.  We all would like to
hear more
about her someday, when list traffic is slow...Anyway, a wise man once
recommended
use of a scotch-brite green pad to clean your electrical connections.  It seems
that
this method is better than sandpaper, since the green pad does not remove metal
from
the connector, like sandpaper does.  I like to clean up each spade connector,
then
tighten the female end of the connection. That way the connection is clean and
tight.
 For splicing wires, use a simple lineman's splice as opposed to the pigtail
method.
Be sure to use shrink fit tubing instead of tape...It'll be much safer, last
longer,
and keep the 'factory' appearance of your wiring...Good luck, if you use your
good
sense, you'll be just fine...I know you have good sense, you bought an MG!

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College