Re: Our LBC History

To: HLYDOC@aol.com
Subject: Re: Our LBC History
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 16:37:10 EST
OK, you asked for it!

 I can date my initial infection with the LBC bug to when I was a senior
in High School.  A friend, who had already graduated and was in the real
(read working) world, worked for a man who ran a Formula Junior in the
SCCA (circa 1966). My friend asked me if I wanted to crew for the car
during some upcoming races at the local Airport.
 Needless to say, no self-respecting car nut is gonna turn this down!.
Never mind I didn't know a FJ from a AP.
 Upon my arrival at the race site the first day (drivers School),I
noticed all these little "furrin" cars being driven into the paddock
area, and Lo and behold they put numbers on them and put them on the
track. Intriguing, says I, who's previous race experience was limited to
1320 feet long straightaways, massive noise and horrendous acceleration.
Period.
 The more I watched the little cars, the more I was drawn to know more.
 During the course of the week-end, there was a dinner for drivers and
crews,and I rode with a fellow student at my school (also a crew member)
in his TR*****.
 OK now I'm hooked.  Got ta have one.
 Well, It wasn't until I got out of college that I managed to aquire a
Midget, my first LBC. Since then, I have only owned LBC, specifically
MGs.
 My other half says I have a terminal case of MG itis. And it's
contagious. The first car my oldest son bought was a Midget. (I done good
raising him!)
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 22:45:45 EST HLY DOC <HLYDOC@aol.com> writes:
>Thought I would start something new.
>Thought it would be a lot of fun to hear why we started to drive
>British Cars,
>or what it is that attracts us to these little cars that don't always
>start ,
>always leak and when they cease to go forward it is always at the most
>unopertune moment.  But through all this we treat them better than our
>kids
>pay more attention to them than our spouses.
>
>David Nock
>Stockton Ca.
>58 Austin Healey BN4
>80Triumph TR8
>And many Parts Cars
>Previosly Owned
>67 MGB/GT
>69 Sunbeam Alpine GT
>67 Austin America
>79 Triumph TR7 Spider

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]