Re[2]: electronic ignition

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: electronic ignition
From: ame@synaptics.com
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 98 09:49:51 Pst
     Hi,

     I have the Crane (Allison) electronic ignition, installed by the DPO.
     It is fine, but I have one word of advice:

     The opto-sensor is mounted on a metal bracket which has slotted holes
     to allow you to align the sensor up and down, forward and backward.
     The bracket itself is quite tall, and I have had problems with the
     spark jumping from the rotor arm to the bracket instead of the spark
     lead.  There are two side effects of this, first, the car runs like a
     bag of spanners as effectively it has only three cylinders. Second,
     the spark causes creates a carbon track on the rotor arm, which ruins
     it.  It's a cheap part to replace, but a pain if you have to do it
     twice in as many weeks.

     The solution is a piece of tape, or a layer of silicone sealant, over
     the top of the metal bracket.

     Andy
     --
     '69 Roadster