Re: electronic ignition

To: ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov, mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
From: Jon Larsen <jon.larsen@mnplan.state.mn.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 09:13:14 -0600
>>> Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu> 03/12 2:03 PM >>>
 wrote:

snippitysnip

>'  Of course, when the amplifier
goes, I'll probably misdiagnose it, but...

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College

****************************
Which brings up the issue: Does anyone have a procedure for diagosing
the Crane/Allison module? I have one in a 79 B. When I went to put the B
away last fall, milliseconds before the first snow storm, it wouldn't
start. My buddy with an '80 B thinks that it is the module "because they
just fail after awhile." Aside from swapping modules to get the car to
run, is there a way to test the old module statically? Measure something
with a multimeter? I could have any number of problems with the ignition
chain, but it would be nice to eliminate the module from the equation
before I go over every other bit of wire, etc. Any insights will be much
appreciated.

Jon Larsen (79 MGB)