Re: B manifold to downpipe flange - Intended Project

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: B manifold to downpipe flange - Intended Project
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 10:30:17 -0500
    Thanks to all for the advice on getting the exhaust off. I'm going to go
soak those nuts in WD40!
    BTW, I've pretty much decided to get a stock down pipe, (keeping the
manifold) then adapt it to a PECO exhaust. This will give me the option of
getting into a PECO or other 2" header down the road (maybe). I'm going to
attempt to put this thing together myself with no welding, paying close
attention to mounting with the stock brackets. I've noticed the welds as
critical failure points (probably due to poor craftsmanship, though)
     Step in if you think I'm being stupid. I haven't ordered anything yet.
My goal is to have the B back on the road by May 9th for a Louisville BC
club convoy to the Scottish Days near Cincinatti.
Thanks Again,
Dan
'73 B