RE: B manifold to downpipe flange - Intended Project

To: "'Charles & Peggy Robinson'" <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: RE: B manifold to downpipe flange - Intended Project
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 09:50:07 -0400
Charley Robinson wrote:

> If you go from the stock headpipe to the Peco, you may have
> to do some welding or get an adapter from 2" to stock diameter.
> That's a question I'd ask Moss - about how to adapt from Peco
> to stock....

Don't fit an adapter (that increases the stock diameter to 2")
after the downpipe ... else, the 'Y' (point were the stock down
pipe joins the two secondary pipes into a single pipe) would be
your greatest point of restriction ... unless you modify the 'Y'
in the down pipe so that the two secondary pipes are joined into
a single 2" pipe, you won't get the full benefit of the Peco
system.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII