Re: Nostalgic Design

To: j_carlile@yahoo.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Nostalgic Design
From: Wildbil923 <Wildbil923@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 22:29:05 EDT
I guess I need to jump in here.  I own a Healey, MGA, and a Sprite.  And I
love them all.  I also own a 1990 Miata.  The Miata's a great sports car in my
estimation.  The MGB's a great car too, if my memory of driving an early B as
a lad of 17 serves me well.  The Miata got several things going for it.  The
top can be raised or lowered from the driver's seat with one arm.  It corners
incredibly flat and is faster than any of the above Brits.  If it had been
badged an MG, we'd all be drooling over it.  What the Miata lacks, and cannot
make up for, is heritage.  It's kind of like a test tube baby.  Perfect in
most ways, but who were its parents?  But, then, MG started out with no
heritage too.

Just my .02.

Bill Wilkman
1960 MGA