Re: I have a problem

To: "Lane Rollins" <laner@teleport.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: I have a problem
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 16:46:11 -0400
>>I think most girls (Adam and my ages) are just a wee bit young for those
>>bands.  Other more modern British bands include Radiohead, Oasis, Verve,
and
>>U2 (technically not a Brit band).  Then phase in Hendrix, Beatles, and the
>>Kinks.  And a Union Jack hanging on the wall is an excellent idea also.
>
>I hate to tell you that U2 is older then you! Jeez such a limiting music
>selection, the early 80's were great for music out of England...Clash,
>Elvis Costello, Ian Durry & the Blockheads, The Beat, Specials, Selector,
>UB40, Police, Sex Pistols, Colourbox, Level 42, Schreikback, General
>Public, Graham Parker, Jam, Style Council, RockPile. But please no
>Bananarama.

You're correct.  U2 is older than I am (which I knew btw).  But the point I
was trying to make is that U2 still is popular among the majority of "us."
When is the last time you saw a kid going to school listening to Jimi
Hendrix or the Beatles?  Hell, when is the last time you heard the Beatles
or the Kinks played on the Radio-station that your kids, or your
neighborhood kids listen too?  I also like Bananarama, so HA!

--
Kai Radicke -- kmr@pil.net -- 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access (my nick: KMR or rebelgeek)