Re: Dead B, Part III

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Dead B, Part III
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:40:28 -0700
Gary A. Graham

>Thanks to all who have offered help so far.
>
>I have found some problems with the distributor (small braided wire was
>toast - replaced, other wire to LT terminal was not soldered in,
>repaired) and have 12v at the points now. BUT, still no spark at coil or
>plugs (had weak spark from coil for a bit, gone now).
>
>I am now waiting for another "new" capacitor, hoping that will be the
>last problem (Nory was right!)

Hmmm, last time it happened to me it turned out to be the distributor
cap. No obvious flaws, just old with a lot of carbon buildup on the
inside. In damp weather, after a few days of slightly hard starting, one
morning - fzzzzt! nothing. My sage advisor said, "replace the cap and
rotor", and that did it. Don't know that this matches your symptoms, but
FWIW.

Max Heim
'66 MGB
runs great, needs paint