Re: BBS style wheels

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: BBS style wheels
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 15:02:38 -0700
I've got a pair of these (BBS) that fit the bolt pattern of a 'B,
however, they're a bit too wide to fit under the rear fenders
of my lowered car.  I got them off of a rubber bumper 'B I found
in a junkyard.  Maybe that car was still at stock height, and that
way he was able to use, but I'm not sure.

The MGB bolt pattern is the same as a Datsun Z car (240Z-280Z, 280ZX).
I think some other Nissans share the pattern. Supposedly 240Z and 260Z
wheels work, however I've only tried 280ZX wheels and they are the wrong
offset.  A lot of racers and autocrossers have had luck with Nissan wheels,
but their cars usually have flared fenders.  That's probably the route
I will end up taking, adding fender flares.  Rostyles are horrible wheels,
and since my mom autocrosses a 280ZX, wheels that'd fit both cars would
be nice.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/