Re: Weird MG encounters

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Weird MG encounters
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 07:57:46 -0600 (MDT)
On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Nory wrote:

> How about when the pizza delivery guy, upon seeing the Midget in the
> driveway, said "Isn't that one of those MG Spyders?"

I've SEEN an MG Spyder!  Someone who works with my wife told her they had
seen an MG pickup for sale and that it was in really good shape.  She
politely told them that MG didn't make pickups.  Of course we hauled ass
over there to have a look, anyway.  It could have been a Morris Minor
pickup.  Turns out it was some bizarre kit car, looked somewhat like a
Ford Model T pickup, on a VW chassis.  Large, chrome script letters on the
radiator said "MG Spyder".  And the thing was a hardtop!

Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.       www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff
Albuquerque NM USA

1960 MGA           "Baby"