Re: Fuel Injection

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fuel Injection
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 98 10:58:23 PDT
Ed (JustBrits@aol.com) wrote:

>  If you spent anywhere near the amount of time it would take to
>"...design a FI System..." (sic) on maintaining and/or restoring
>your car - YOU WOULD BE DRIVING A BRAND NEW ONE!!!!!
>(IMVHO, of course <G>).

>   And, IMVVHO, don't you think Rover Group would have looked
>at the possibility???

I know I said it in an earlier post, but, again, take
a look at TWM's ads with SU EFI bodies, shown right there
in "Grassroots Motorsports" on an A or B series intake
manifold.

Folks, it *has* been done, and it's about a $1000 to $1500 proposition,
the way it stands now, that is, as a one-off.  I'm sure if someone
like Jay wanted to make a kit the price could come way down.

Remember, some people still know that MGs are, after all, *sports* cars,
and do more than just polish them and show them.  There are still folks
racing these cars, from the UK to the States to Japan, and these racers
aren't all still living in the '60s, technologically speaking.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/