Re: fuel injection

To: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>,
Subject: Re: fuel injection
From: cgmoog@ibm.net
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 23:34:55 -0400
Jurgen Hartwig wrote:

> Ford, GM and VWs.  Do you think the 2.5L would not be too big for the MGB.
> I was considering the under 2.0L Tempo, Escort engines, but I can see now
> that having injection system slightly larger would not be a problem, see
> as how they could be scaled down for MGB.

I believe GM's 2.5 liter produced around 90 hp.  Most engines are close
to the same effiency when it comes to hp production (~0.5 lbs of fuel
per hour for each hp produced).  I'm not sure at what rpm the GM's
produced peak power.  Since most EFI's use  engine rpm as a main input I
believe what you want to do is find a vehicle whose hp vs rpm curve
closely matches the MGB's  (~90hp at 5400 and 110 ft lbs at
3000(60hp)).  I'll check my references for the GM, Mopar and Ford
engines at work tomorrow.

Chris Moog