Re: fuel injection

To: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: fuel injection
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 18:42:36 -0500
> #1 &#2 , #3 & #4.....

Lawrie,
   Right you are.. I got a little carried away with the idea of the EFI
in concert with the cross flow head.  The article I mentioned seeing
(I wish I could remember exactly where on the net...), took great
pains to discuss the problems of getting a late model port EFI
to work right on the shared intake ports.  The #2 & #3 exhaust are
definitely shared as you say.
  The real stumbling block on this whole idea is probably the expense.
I guess you can get a cross flow head for about $900, but then
you have the problems a manufacturing an intake manifold system
for the EFI ( assuming you can find an appropriate one), and the
expense of the EFI itself, which would be considerable, even from
a wrecking yard,  then the details of getting the whole thing to work
together, which would be no small feat.
  You've got to admit though, it would be pretty neat if you could get
it all to work.
  As a side note,  am I crazy, or did I read somewhere that during the
early concept/development days of the 'B' that they were looking at
using a small V4 or V6, and at fuel injection ( not EFI of course),
 as a means of jumping up the performance,  but that the powers that
be squashed the idea in favor of the more conservative idea of more
displacement in the basic 'A' engine?  I could be wrong, but I seem
to remember reading this.

FWIW
Harlan.