Re: FWD vs RWD

To: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Subject: Re: FWD vs RWD
From: Enrique Claure <span@datacom-bo.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 20:43:16 -0400
>Enrique,
>
>Out corner you where?  At Laguna Seca or in some street playing?
>These are *worlds* apart.  My answer was to someone saying something
>about "real race cars" all being FWD, and I was explaining the
>physics of it.  Bring your Infiniti to an autocross and see
>what can outcorner what.
>
>Competition and "fast" street playing are not the same things.
>
>Anecdotal evidence is just that.
>
>-Keith Wheeler
>Team Sanctuary                         http://www.teamsanctuary.com/

I agree with you on the fact that messing around in the street vs true
racing are worlds appart yet not all
race cars are RWD as you tend to beleive. Granted that F1,Cart, Indy are all
RWD but take a look at European and South American grand prix races. The
cars that race there are production cars from BMW, Alfa Romeo, Honda,
Nissan, Peugeot,Citroen, VW, Mercedez, Volvo. How many RWD? only two. Do
they always win? Hell No! ESPN II covers these races and they are a lot of
fun. Enrique
Enrique Claure
PO BOX 777-TOP 196
MIAMI FL 33152