RE: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report

To: "'Ajhsys@aol.com'" <Ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: RE: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 06:48:45 -0700
Allan,

I believe the late Midgets used a mechanical style brake light switch
that would not be affected by brake fluid, also the brake booster is not
a Lockheed remote type.  I used to swear by DOT 5 silicone fluid, but
the evidence is stacked against its use. What put me over the edge is
reading that AP Lockheed does not recommend its use in their systems or
in Type 6 servos.  I paid 350 bucks for a new remote servo for my V-8, I
don't want to risk damaging it with the wrong fluid.

Cheers,
Paul Kile