RE: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 17:44:56 -0600
For my 71BGT, I use quality Lucas DOT4 brake fluid. In the old days, the
rule of thumb was to only use Lockheed brake fluid. But nowadays, my local
vendor has become part of the new Lucas distributership so he only sells
Lucas brake fuid.

What can I say? Once known for their quality electrical parts :) , Lucas
has now expanded into brake and clutch components.

David

>Notice: This is not intended ot be a testimonial for silicone fluid, just a
>plea for people to apply reasonable logic and not jump too high when
>someone yells "wolf".  And in the interest of fair comparison, I did say
>that I had just switched my car over to DOT4 brake fluid.  I feel pretty
>impartial.  At the moment I have nothing bad to say about either DOT4 or
DOT5.