Re: Brake JOB Do's and Don'ts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake JOB Do's and Don'ts
From: James <James@LWSD.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 06:10:21 -0600
>Uh, why are you undoing the tabs to replace the brake pads? The calipers
>do not have to come off to replace the pads. In fact the only thing that
>needs to come off to replace the pads is the wheel, and the two long
>split pins on each caliper that lock the pads in place.

Doh! That's what I get for leaping before I look.

The undercarriage of the car is in such miserable condition (every single
moving part rusted together into one amorphous mass - why the body shell is
virtually rust-free when the rest of the car is such a rust bucket is a
mystery to me) that I just proceeded with the front-end rebuild without
paying any attention to how pads are replaced. Then, when someone answered
the "how do I do a brake job" post with a warning to remember to replace
the tabs, my little brain just assumed....

- James Einolf
'74 MGB (White on top, rust-red underneath)