Re: MG's and Bad weather Was: SUV's & Crash Worthyness

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MG's and Bad weather Was: SUV's & Crash Worthyness
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 21:14:23 EST

Rumor has it that Andrew B. Lundgren wrote:

>>My best solution for the B in the winter is too keep it in the
>garage;
>>IMHO that is where a 30 year old sports car (hoping to make 60 before
>it
>>becomes my son's car) belongs in bad weather.  If you want to get
>yours
>>wrapped around a pole or under an SUV with blood all over it then
>drive it
>>in bad weather.  Who cares how well it goes.  If you like your car
>have
>>some respect for it.

I always figured that if Abingdon didnt want me to drive my car in less
than perfect weather, or only when it's 80 degrees, less than 5 mph
breeze and relative humidity under 40% (or any such nonsense), they would
have included in the standard equipment, a hemetrically sealed container,
or at worst offered it as an option.
 I've yet to see one in any parts or equipment list.

Conclusion: the car was meant to be driven.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget