Re: MG's and Bad weather Was: SUV's & Crash Worthyness

To: "Rick Morrison" <gofastmg@juno.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MG's and Bad weather Was: SUV's & Crash Worthyness
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 09:11:15 -0500
On 12/4/98 9:14 PM so and so (Rick Morrison) said. (And I quote:)

>Rumor has it that Andrew B. Lundgren wrote:
>>
>>>My best solution for the B in the winter is too keep it in the
>>garage;
>>>IMHO that is where a 30 year old sports car (hoping to make 60 before
>>it
>>>becomes my son's car) belongs in bad weather.  If you want to get
>>yours
>>>wrapped around a pole or under an SUV with blood all over it then
>>drive it
>>>in bad weather.  Who cares how well it goes.  If you like your car
>>have
>>>some respect for it.
>
>I always figured that if Abingdon didnt want me to drive my car in less
>than perfect weather, or only when it's 80 degrees, less than 5 mph
>breeze and relative humidity under 40% (or any such nonsense), they would
>have included in the standard equipment, a hemetrically sealed container,
>or at worst offered it as an option.
> I've yet to see one in any parts or equipment list.
>
>Conclusion: the car was meant to be driven.
>
>Rick Morrison
>72 MGBGT
>74 Midget
I gotta go with Rick here. And I do respect my car. The Midget is
probably the best RWD car I have ever driven in inclement weather (oops I
forgot that old Bug Convertible I had in HS). Untill we moved to PA it
was a daily driver in WY and CO and AR. Even in bad weather.
Keep them on the road.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?