Re: Meat, wine and other foods

To: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au
Subject: Re: Meat, wine and other foods
From: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 08:57:49 -0800 (PST)
Dear Neil,

You bring up an interesting point regarding the Aussie wines. The ones
I've bought have been both excellent and excellent value. One must also be
aware that not all grap varieties do well anywhere. Zinfindal makes an
outstanding Red in California, but I have yet to taste any from elsewhere.
Also, Alsatian reislings and Gewurtz are excellent wines whereas most of
the Californian (and most German) are usually insipid sicky sweet piss,
IMHO.

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance."
John J. Peloquin, Assistant Research Entomologist
Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521