Re: Meat, wine and other foods

To: "Nevard, Chris" <Chris.Nevard@BSKYB.COM>
Subject: Re: Meat, wine and other foods
From: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 09:41:51 -0800 (PST)
Dear Chris,

One thing I've noticed both in my limited travels and others experiences
is that the best wine is often reserved for local consumption. That was
most certainly the case in France. I suspect this is also the case for
Calif. wines in the UK. Also, wouldn't it be difficult to compare quality
and price between a French wine and comparable Cali. varietal since there
would be duty attached to the california item? If you think Gallo
represents California wines, well, then you've got a lot of tasting to do.
And Gamay!!!!!!!!!!!! as a tasty wine ??????????!!!!!!!!!!
Something must have been left out on the way across the pond!!!!!!

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance."
John J. Peloquin, Assistant Research Entomologist
Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521