Re: Towbar for MGB

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>, "ccrobins" <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Towbar for MGB
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 10:43:05 -0500
On 12/11/98 11:56 PM so and so (Bud Krueger) said. (And I quote:)

Well to add fuel to the fire. I firmly beleive you should disconnect the
drive shaft for a long haul. I towed the Midget twice for over a thousand
miles each time and both time disconnected the drive shaft. Fortunately
both time I also used a tow dolly from one o' those ubiqutious rental
places. I Drove the Midget onto the dolly belted the front end down the
crawled under and unbloted the drive shaft. Reattached at the end of the
trip, then drove it off the dolly, ran to local beverage outlet, then
commenced to unload. (nice to hvae a set of wheels at the end of the
trip;-)

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Of course this is a good idea as well!!
>>   Alternatively, hire one of the guys on the MG list who claims he can
>> do this job in five minutes.  Bet him that he can't do it that fast so
>> as to get it done for free.  (Sorry guys, I couldn't resist!)
>>
>>   Tee Hee,
>>
>>   Charley Robinson
>>   '69 B

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?