Re: Misc. MGB ?'s (long)

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Misc. MGB ?'s (long)
From: "MSLishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 15:39:13 -0500

> Eric Erickson wrote:
> >
> > Steady on!  So what is wrong with PRIMROSE as an LBC colour?????
> > Remember, I bought the car because like a thorn amongst the roses,
> > this little yellow baby looked pretty special amongst all the boring
> > RED!

No, no, no!  8-)  I think primrose is the color of the primer - I think the
car's original color was tundra (or limeflower green)!  The only reason I
say this is there are places on the car where no one but a masochist would
paint, and they're green.  I do like the primrose color, but I like the
split-pea green a little better.  I was just wondering if anyone knew the
color of primer that was used on MGB's.

Either way, for those of you with tundra MGB's, I could find no decent
match for that color of paint.  I only needed a little to do some rusty
spots in the engine bay, but didn't want to order from Moss.  I guess I'll
just paint it primer red and await a paint job...

Mike Lishego
1974 MGB
1986 Plymouth Turismo 2.2
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706