Re: Misc. MGB ?'s (long)

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: Misc. MGB ?'s (long)
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 23:45:40 -0800
Eric Erickson wrote:

> Mike wrote:
> >
> > noticed that there is a coat of what seems to be primrose yellow
> > paint underneath it.
>
> <snip>
>
> > Everyone I show it to thinks it's a disgusting color
> > to paint the car, but the more I see it, the more it grows on me...
>
> Steady on!  So what is wrong with PRIMROSE as an LBC colour?????
> Remember, I bought the car because like a thorn amongst the roses, this
> little yellow baby looked pretty special amongst all the boring RED!
>
> Apart from the strange colour shifts during scanning, I still think the
> pictures show a pretty lady at http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb
>
> Eric
> '68 PRIMROSE MGB MkII

I asked this question before and no one volunteered any information.
What is the name of the dark blue that I have on my 71 Midget. It seems
to be original, and highly oxidized, but i have found that this color
has really grown on me, and I would like to repaint my 73 this color. I
can't remember seeing any other MG's this color at the last two shows I
was at. What also makes this car interesting is that it has a biscuit
interior, versus the standard black one. The only real problem with the
car is the rather messy title.

Mark Snowdon