Re: Seatbelts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Seatbelts
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 06:09:34 -0500 (EST)
>Why do you expect to get seatbelts for free from the manufacturer, 19
>years after the last car of that type was produced???Surely if you owned
>a 76 Comet or Volare, you would not expect the original manufacturer to
>supply parts to you, the second owner, at this late date. Why do you
>expect this from BMC???

If they were obligated to by law, and if I owned a car that had the
defective part, and if the part had never been replaced, especially, under
the recall, then yes, I would expect that, even for a Comet or Volare. It's
not a matter of "hey, give me new seatbelts". It's a matter of "hey, are
these covered under this recall as defective, have they ever been replaced,
and if so, and not, respectively, then I'd like new seatbelts."

Nevin