Re: Oil Pump Caution

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pump Caution
From: Gaetke <gaetke@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:52:51 -0800
At 07:25 PM 1/19/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>  There is also a method to prime the pump from the outside
>by pumping oil in a certain way... but I forget the method.

        I'm just finishing my rebuild, and I planned to pour oil into the engine
where the hose attaches that goes to the oil cooler (or I guess right to
the filter if an oil cooler isn't installed) once it's ready to go with oil
in the sump.  If I read the oil diagram right in Haynes, that should run
down to the pump.  If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will let me know...

  -Matt G.