Oil Leaks - Rear Main Seal/Tappet Covers

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Leaks - Rear Main Seal/Tappet Covers
From: "Warren Pruitt" <wpruitt@home.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:24:11 -0500
Thanks to those who responded regarding my rebuilt engine backfire and
failure to start. Received those responses to a different address and now
can't get to them. Solved by reinstalling distributor 180 different. Cranked
right up and bedded the cam. It really sounds sweet.

Now have 75 psi oil pressure and leaks from the tappet covers (mainly rear)
and the rear main bearing cork seal. I used the cork seals on both tappet
covers. Should I have used the rubber seals? Any thoughts as to how I can
correct the leak at the rear bearing cork seal? Any chance that I can inject
rtv up into it with any success or will I need to pull the pan?

Thanks for suggestions.

Warren Pruitt
70 Roadster (which is anxiously waiting to hit the road)
72 Roadster (which is anxiously waiting for me to extract the rod from it's
block)
wpruitt@home.com