Re: Oil Leaks - Rear Main Seal/Tappet Covers

To: wpruitt@home.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Leaks - Rear Main Seal/Tappet Covers
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:00:56 EST
In a message dated 2/20/99 11:26:49 AM Eastern Standard Time, wpruitt@home.com
writes:

<< Now have 75 psi oil pressure and leaks from the tappet covers (mainly rear)
 and the rear main bearing cork seal. I used the cork seals on both tappet
 covers. Should I have used the rubber seals? Any thoughts as to how I can >>
warren,
     That 75lbs of oil pressure is about 25 lbs. more than the factory
wanted..Pull out your pressure relief spring AND ball and see why it is not
working properly..you should have about 55 lbs MAX aftter the engine is at
poerating temp. at about 2000 rpm..any more and you know that the pressure
relief system is jammed up and not releasing.
Yours,H4(Howard)
1974MG-Bgt
1974MG-B roadster
1976MG-B roadster