Re: Oil Leaks - Rear Main Seal/Tappet Covers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Leaks - Rear Main Seal/Tappet Covers
From: "Dan Ray" <raydan67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 12:14:40 PST
Warren:
Inject RTV into it? Now THAT's an interesting idea. I have a hefty leak
from my rear main and the only thing I've heard that fixes it is pulling
the engine and replacing it (of course, I've got to replace the clutch
now too, after so much time)
I'd be interested to know whether rubber or cork is better, too. I'll
get to it eventually, if the Army quits sending me all over the place
(ha!).

Dan
73 B