Re: MGB Overdrive??

To: EricSsmc@aol.com, dresden@tiac.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Overdrive??
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:59:08 EST
In a message dated 2/22/99 11:12:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, EricSsmc@aol.com
writes:

<< ove to drive my 67 GT (soon to be
 overdrive), but would rather drive my  79 roadster (with overdrive) on a
trip,
 for obvious reasons.  Next question please!

Eric..and all others,
    I think that if someone has not driven a B with overdrive, they have no
comprehention of what a difference there is ..My 1974 roadster has o/d..it is
civil up to a cruise speed of about 100 mph..all of my other B-s have no
o/d..they are a little bothersome at 85 mph..the O/D car is by far the only
choice for any road work..but i have driven my other ones thousands of happy
highway miles..
   So,,O/D is one way to do it..non o/d is another..wind noise , not
withstanding, i like my b"s to be at 4000rpm on the highway..so i use the O?D
car..it actually gets you there sooner with MORE WIND IN YOUR FACE...ahhhhh
yours, H4(Howard)