Re: MGB Overdrive??

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Overdrive??
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:29:18 -0500
Larry,

You have an influential member on your side in this discussion.  None
other than John Twist.

He has postulated the argument that it takes a certain amount of
mechanical "effort" to run the overdrive, which may negate any mpg
savings and/or lessening of the wear and tear on the engine.

Not gonna' get in this discussion - just relating what I've seen John
mention in the past.  Interesting thought, though.  Generally, you don't
get something for nothing!

Bill