RE: oil coolers

To: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: oil coolers
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 19:35:09 -0700
> For all the others, install a temp gauge for your oil, find out if it is
over 230` or whatever the limit is for the oil you run, then     > make an
informed decision about buying a cooler.

Interesting.  Jim you made me make a trip to my garage to look at a quart of
Castrol 20W-50.  No mention of the maximum recommended operating
temperature.

Any body out there have any idea?  Would this temperature vary by brands,
viscosities?

One thing I did learn by reading the label: Warning lab tests have
determined that continuous skin contact with used motor oil has caused
cancer in laboratory animals.  I wanted to let everyone know, just in case
you felt like being in continuous contact with your used motor oil.  YMMV.

Larry Hoy
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/