Re: oil coolers

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Subject: Re: oil coolers
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 18:58:53 -0500
Larry-

Aren't you glad you are not a lab animal? Everything gives them cancer
including bacon & beer, to name just a couple of items.

I would bet that an E-mail to Valvoline or Castroil or others would give
interesting info. I just worked from what 2 old SCCA racers told me,
Jimmy Carter & Tim Mountjoy. I did not question the source of their
info, I assumed it was mostly from experience. I am sure that the
correct temp range is a function of the API service rating, & is a part
of the standards, either direct, or implied. Don't know if there is an
API web site, but I will look.