RE: There's RED and there's RED (Color Question)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: There's RED and there's RED (Color Question)
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:40:45 -0800
My B is Tartan Red (supposedly--it's been resprayed but seems to match
inside the boot, floorboards, etc, so I'll assume the color matched
original well enough). It seems to be the "reddest" of the original MG
colors. I'd describe it as a saturated red, a little towards "cherry"
compared to say, Italian Racing Red; not as deep as blood red. But this
is a massively subjective topic, and difficult to make meaningful verbal
comparisons... for instance, we don't know what color fire engines or
fire hydrants are in your neighborhood! But to compare to something
everyone is probably familiar with, the Coca-Cola logo, I'd say it's
somewhat deeper and a little less orange. Anyway, it looked great when it
was still shiny--go for it!

BMack had this to say:

--

Max Heim