There's RED and there's RED (Color Question)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: There's RED and there's RED (Color Question)
From: "BMack" <bmack99@home.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:03:31 -0800
Well here I am an MGB owner again!!! After 20 yrs. I took the plunge and
bought a '73B Roadster. It was involved in a little rear ender so I got it
for $700 and have found all the parts to repair it (used) for about $300.

Now the question, we're making this into our 2nd driver (other vehicle is my
restoration shops '92 Chev p-up)and my wife wants it RED...not just
fire-engine you know but a deep red like a fire-hydrant she says.....

Is there a stock MG color that fills this bill? Moss motors catalogue says
Damask Red is maroon????

Can someone out there help me. The car was originally Harvest Gold and has
been re-sprayed Ford medium Blue.

Thanks
Bryce Mack
Classic Auto Restoration Services