Re: WooHoo - sort of. <G>

To: "Derek" <v8man@dwatson.free-online.co.uk>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: WooHoo - sort of. <G>
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 10:48:42 +1000
Derek,

> Glad to see tappets  adjust helped. You do not say if the plugs are sooty
or

Sorry mate! I don't know why I called you Mike!! I've got 2 PC's and the msg
was on the other computer sorry! :))

> oily as this will point further. Sooty good news mixture to rich for some

Well it's good news, the plugs are sooty! Very sooty! I'll try tuning her
today. :) Can't be much different to my HS4's on the B I guess and I have
the Haynes SU manual which covers these carbs. :)

> Oh another thought! My first B had a completely knackered rocker shaft( on
> which the tappets run) and made one hell of a row. I got a fully re-con
set

The rockers didn't appear to have any side play in them (unlike my B!), but
it could still be this. It's funny though, they weren't noisy like this
before. I'll try the car again over the next couple of days and report back
to the list. :)

Thanks for the advice. :)

Neil.