RE: Crazy II

To: <MMich99551@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Crazy II
From: "BMack" <bmack99@home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:58:55 -0700
Boy! Geuss I should be in the mechanical end of this business!!!!

Lets take your points one at a time:

Yes a SU would be nice on this car, BUT you are looking at a '75 Black
bumper car, and all were equipt with ZF's so maybe your looking at the wrong
years or could do without the Stromberg for awhile and drive it till you
find a used one or find it IS good enough.

If the engine SEEMS to run OK and you are happy with it's current
performance, the engine rebuild could wait until maybe someone is parting
out a wrecked car with recent engine work, maybe even a '73 with "twin" SU's
and #1 & 2 are covered. Though 85 is on the low side the rest would not
worry me too much if I were a buyer, maybe the car has sat for awhile and
the compression rings are sticky and driving it may assist.

The clutch, I've baby'd many clutches and even at the worst case $500 should
take care of the clutch.

You also mention this was taken to the mechanic for a PRE-BUY Check, He HAS
to find problems with it. This is your bargaining tool on the purchase
price! You havn't mentioned the selling (asking) price but if it is in line
or a little high, you have some amunition. If it is dirt cheap, you cant
expect a new engine, clutch and replacement carb at bargain basement prices.

Please this is just my humble opinion......It's easy to do 2000 mile
appraisals when it's not YOUR money buying it!

"Restoringly" Yours,
Bryce Mack
Classic Auto Restoration Services
Web Page: http://members.home.net/bmack99/paneldoctor/