Re: Crazy II

Subject: Re: Crazy II
From: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:55:00 -0400
If you have any mechanical ability at all (such as: you can do your own oil
changes, spark plugs, and know what a distributor cap looks like) you'll
probably
be able to handle most, if not all, of the repairs, especially with the help of
this list. Most everything is accessible and straightforward.

Do be sure to check out all of the rust prone places. There are web sites and
books that describe, in detail, what to look for and how to check it.

A friend of mine bought a great looking, good running 78B before we knew
anything
about them. He found bondo over rust holes and a very weak (unsafe) unibody
structure. He took it all apart and replaced the sill channel, doglegs, and
florins. Lots of work (and $$). I bought mine after seeing his. Mine had non
functioning carbs, no exhaust system, ratty top,  and sagging springs, but the
body was sound. He just finished getting his ready for the road, I've put 6000
miles on mine. Total cost for his was twice mine (not including his $2000 paint
job vs. my "Earl Scheib special".)

Good luck-- if not this car, then maybe the next. There are good ones out there.

You'll love it!

--

^!!^     "iwlf"