Occasional missing in 73 B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Occasional missing in 73 B
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:36:23 -0400
I haven't read everything on this thread - but if this is still a points
distributor, could this be the spindle wobbling in a worn bushing?  I've
had this happen.  Lateral play in the dist'r spindle will cause erratic
opening/closing of points.  Also how about that ground lead to the breaker
plates?  If broken, the car will run but not well.

Allen

From: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au

>     Anyhow, my B has developed rather an odd behavior.  Two weeks ago I
>drove it on about a 200 mile round trip to watch an autocross (the
>Integra was on blocks).  On the way home, the car started to kind of
>miss.  Very intermittent....you know the sounds in old WWII movies of
>airplane engines crapping out?  You get this (the spaces are silence...)
>
>baaaaaaaahhhhhhhh    aaahhhh   aaaaaaahhhhhhhh   aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
>
>And then it would go away for another thirty miles.  It felt loke
>someone was in there pulling the wire off the coil occasionally.  It has
>no pattern - not related to ambient temperature, engine speed, or
>anything.

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         New Castle, VA 24127