Re: Title and Bill of Sale

To: "Perry Robinson" <PROBINSO@flower-mound.com>,
Subject: Re: Title and Bill of Sale
From: "Don Collins" <decolins@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 22:55:03 -0500
Hello all.. Dan this is a been there done that.... Since I got out of the
Air Force 2 years ago this was a easy one for me. My MG was registered in VA
and my VW and Nissan were reg. here in Texas. When I moved back here to TX,
I had 30 days to change over to a TX registration on the MG. Now on the flip
side, when I was stationed in Abilene at Dyess AFB, I could get away with a
VA. reg. with no problem. (I also ran a VA. license and my VW and Nissan
were under TX reg) BUT that was with a active duty ID card. To this day I
still have the MG titled in VA and that will not change. How do I know this
is correct? well I now work for TxDOT so I checked.
BTW... when I returned from Japan, I ran for 3 months with Japanese tags due
to TDY's. I checked in all the states (from VA. to Colorado) I drove through
and it was ok once again with a military ID, but must be changed as soon as
I got to my permanent duty station.
I hope this helps. The ID card is a god-send for the military but be ready
for the change when u get out.

Don Collins
70B
72BGT  (just got it home!)