Re: Title and Bill of Sale

To: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: Title and Bill of Sale
From: Craig White <cwhite@ns1.onramp.tuscaloosa.al.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 17:30:10 -0500 (CDT)
I'm sorry, I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread but...

Alabama had no titles until 1974. Any vehicle manufactured prior to that
*CAN"T* have a title. I'll leave it up to your imagination for all the
good reasons to register a car in Alabama if it is pre-74.

I've known car dealers to have friends at their local DMV office that
would have no problem registering a car sight unseen. Heck, I've had
dealer freinds straighten out some of my title messes the same way. Just
the way it is in Alabama.

Don't sweat it, just go to your DMV and register the thing. I've done it
many, many times. If you've ever hassled over a car with title (which I've
done) you can appreciate owning pre-74 cars in AL. Once upon a time,
pre-wife, I didn't own any cars that required a title :)

So, if car < 1974, bill of sale is all that is required for a car
from Alabama *period*.

-craig