Re: Title and Bill of Sale

To: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: Title and Bill of Sale
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 14:09:58 +1000
Phil,

>sold the car to the dealer in Alabama and then repurchased it, without it
>ever having left the lot. Thus he now has a car he can sell without a
>title, an ex-Alabama car.
>
>I'd get suspicious, but you say the car is in rough shape so it's lack of
>title is more likely due to loss or misplacement (aren't they the same
>thing?) than an attempt to launder a stolen car. Good luck.

I didn't read this until now.. Now I am worried, but someone tell me if I
should be. I will have to call the company to get further info, and PLEASE
let's not start bad mouthing anyone like the recent thread until I can clear
this up properly. But I feel I should expand on my information now I've
started this thread.

I bought this car in March. The Bill of Sale I have which is from the Dealer
in Alabama to the Dealer in New York is dated the 29th March 1999. So the
car was sold to Gullwing after I paid for it. Therefore it was on their lot
the whole time, as I inquired about this car in December 98. I guess the car
could have been sold on consignment - ?

It gets more interesting: The registration Tag and Tax Receipt I have is
from Alabama, not New York and is dated the 26/03/99, expiring September 99.
Is it possible to have a six month registration? So it seems this
registration was renewed in Alabama and sold to Gullwing all within the
space of three days and the car at that time was physically located in New
York... A member of this list went to see the car for me prior to this time
so the car was definitely there.

Can someone explain this in a meaningful manner, one that is hopefully
legitimate? I will call the dealer tomorrow morning, time zones are a pain
aren't they?

Cheers,
Neil.