RE: Title and Bill of Sale

To: "'Dan Ray'" <danray@bluegrass.net>, MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Title and Bill of Sale
From: Perry Robinson <PROBINSO@flower-mound.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 16:56:58 -0500
Dan,

Read your post, and I have to disagree.  You hit the nail on the head
when you said you were in the military, and maintained your Texas
residency there.  The law is that the car has to be registered where YOU
live, or have residency.  You cannot register a car in one state, if you
live in another.  NO WAY!  In Texas, you cannot even register a car in a
different county that the one where you live;  I have tried, as have
others, in order to try to avoid emission testing.

You are simply relying on the fact that the military allows you to
maintain your home residency in one state, while you are stationed
elsewhere; and I'm not fully convinced that that is 100% legal.

YOU MUST REGISTER A VEHICLE IN THE STATE OR COUNTY IN WHICH YOU LIVE!

..not meant to flame, merely to inform..

Perry
1979 TR7 V-8
1961 MGA