Re: Is MG wiring evil?

To: "Kimo Tichgelaar" <77mgb@excite.com>
Subject: Re: Is MG wiring evil?
From: dwilkins@wcta.net (Don Wilkins)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 13:53:44 GMT
On Fri, 09 Jul 1999 20:41:00 PDT, you wrote:

>Well, as I'm about to crack the hood and start on my wiring, thought I'd ask
>and opinion.  How good is the MG wiring harness?  Am I better off ignoring
>it and building a new one out of better wire and connectors to avoid all of
>those problems (seems half the mechanical questions on the list go back to
>electricals)?
>

>Also, I have two electric fans in front of the radiator.  Should I move
>these around & flip the blades to pull air?  Which would be best running in
>100 degree weather?

If you don't need to take them out I would leave them as they were. I
just had mine out for repair and the fans were pretty well attached to
the shafts. You need to take the blades off to get the motors out. I
managed to turn them around (with difficulty) and slipped two pieces
of plywood between the fan and the motor. I was then able to punch the
shaft out.

Aside from that any air that you pull out of the engine compartment
will be 100 degrees plus what ever added heat came from the motor etc.
Then of course you are minus the air flow from the motion of the car.

I think they did it right the first time.